August 18, 2011

Life without love is like a year without summer




 

We kicked off our summer with the Schneider family reunion!
Jace and I helped make this de-lish french toast breakfast!
The family hung out, played games, shared talents...
...One of the games included building penny barges...
...And ashamed to admit, we came in last...
...Yes, Jace is wearing the hat of shame!

For Father's day we played mini golf at Toad's!
Jema loves her daddy! 


Here we have Jema's very first swimming pool!
She was scared at first,
but in no time, we had her splish-splashin' around!




The family at Irma's high school graduation from West High. This girl is so smart, so creative...
...she's really gonna go places! Love you, sister!


Happy 4th o' July!
Here's our pretty pretty princess in her
American flag dress... so patriotic! He he!
Then we have some kisses from her big cousin Ellie
at a family BBQ.




















Jace and I kicked off our stay-cation
by bowling at Sparetime with the fam!
Good form, Jace!
Myself, on the other hand...
...pretty sure that ball ended up in the gutter LOL!
















This is our day at Hogle Zoo with the family...
I thought Jema would be more fascinated
by the animals than she was...
But we had lots of fun!
Our favorite part was the bird show!
We also had a night for just the two of us on our stay-cation...
Jace and I went to dinner at Chili's, then we watched Transformers 3 at the drive-in...
Wanna know the best part?
Fifteen minutes through the movie,
the truck battery dies...
...and we're left to, painstakingly, listen to the speakers of
the car next to us... so I eventually fell asleep
and left Jace to watch the movie alone...
So romantic! Ha!

My favorite part of the stay-cation
was our Lagoon day!
I've lived in Utah for 5 years now,
and no, I've never been to Lagoon!
But wait! That's not the shocking part...
I was born and bred in California,
and I, Rocio Schneider, have never been to...
the "happiest place on Earth"...
(or so I've heard! Ha ha!)
...Disney Land!
So sad, I know!
Anyway...
...Lagoon was pretty awesome...
My favorite part was all the water rides...
...Jace loved Wicked!


Jema's big cousin, Mia, visited from Cali...
...We attempted to get a nice photo
with some of the other cousins...
...Nope! Not havin' it!

Here's our evening at the Weber County Fair!
Jema loved the petting zoo...
...it was so cute watching her get excited
over the ducks and the goats!
What were Jace and I excited over?!
...the cinnamon churros at the fair! Ha ha!



You know how there's always gotta be that one dirty lil' kid at the playground?!
...Well, that's NOT my kid!
Jema's usually well kept, but here's one of her
messy moments,
...and I love it! LOL
I LOVE this messy face more than she could ever know!
One of my fave pics of the summer!

So, the summer's not nearly over...
...and so far, it has been pretty eventful...
...Full of love, and family fun!

Although, there is something that I've yet to mention...
...Here at the Schneider home,
 it has been the Summer of Bigfoot!

I'll let Jace take this one...

Laugh and mock all you want... he exists... and he was here in Hooper... I HAVE PROOF!

Take a look at this baby!

I was out looking at my parent's field on the west side of their property when there it was... in all it's giant, left foot, five-toedness, glory!  You be the judge, but I have no other explanation for this.

...Now I know what you are thinking...
"But Jace, why would you automatically assume that it is a Bigfoot track?"...
Well, besides the fact that I don't believe some giant barefoot man was tromping through the yard, I have had some previous experience with the Skookum...

...It all started with a trip I took long ago with some friends.  We were on our way home early in the morning,
around 4 AM to be exact, in the Ogden Canyon. We had just made it around one of the canyons perilous curves when out of nowhere jumped the hairiest, meanest, stinkiest Sasquatch... OK, OK, maybe I am exaggerating a bit...
What really happened was... after driving around the canyon curve I saw the large shadow silhouette of a man... head, shoulders, and definitely standing upright. Now you would say... "Oh Jace, that is just some transient making a late night stroll through the canyon!"... Well 99% of the time I would agree with you... but no, my friends... this creature was as tall as, or taller than the road sign it stood next to. And by the time we had turned around and gone back for a second look... this thing was gonzo! I was not the only one who witnessed this either... my friend who was driving swerved to avoid Señor Squatch as he was afraid he would run out in front of us. It was, and continues to be an event in my life for which I have no explanation.


Just recently while at the Weber County Fair, Cio and I had the opportunity to go to a Bigfoot presentation dedicated to the existence of the Skunk Ape. While there, I filled out a card with information on the sighting I had. That was 5 days ago... since then I have received a call or email/text from the Bigfoot expert hosting that event almost every day asking me to give more detail and information. HA HA HA... This guy is hardcore! He even is putting on another presentation at Wolf Mountain on September 3rd... Cio and I fully intend to be in attendance! He may even call me up to tell my story! At any rate... this has definitely been the Summer of Squatch for us! I have even been able to convince Cio of the Foot! It was simple really... just a combination of telling her my experience and watching Finding Bigfoot on the Travel Channel... and bada bing bada boom, she was hooked!



Those are the facts, folks!
BIGFOOT: Bona fide or Bogus???
You tell us...
What do YOU believe?!




2 comments:

  1. Jace, I think you're Bonkers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! I remember that story! I believe you Jace! After seeing that foot print, I believe you even more! Jema is so cute. Wish you guys weren't too cool to hang out with the Adams.. jk jk let's get together!

    ReplyDelete